This funding opportunity aims to fund pilot and feasibility studies focused on mechanisms underlying pain associated with musculoskeletal and rheumatic diseases (including - but not limited to - osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthritis, heritable connective tissue diseases, low back pain, intervertebral disc degeneration, fractures). Successful projects should provide the basis for subsequent applications for independent research support from the NIH and other funding agencies.
Proposals may address a broad range of topics related to mechanisms of musculoskeletal pain, and may use human subjects, human tissues, or animal models.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Both basic and clinical researchers with an M.D., Ph.D. or equivalent within Rush and Northwestern University are eligible to apply, as well as researchers in other US institutions.
- Please sign up as a member before applying.
- Investigators need to justify how the proposed studies relate to the broad area of pain in rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
- We encourage interdisciplinary collaborations between musculoskeletal researchers and pain scientists as well as neuroscientists.
- Postdoctoral fellows and PIs at all career stages are welcome to apply. We encourage applications by musculoskeletal researchers who are new to pain research and vice versa.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL RFA: HERE.
DOWNLOAD THE BUDGET TEMPLATE: HERE.
Deadline is June 12, 2023.